John Tesar's highly anticipated new Preston Center restaurant, Spoon Bar & Kitchen, has launched its full website including lunch, dinner, dessert and tasting menus. As expected, there's a heavy concentration on seafood, but you certainly won't find any tilapia or farmed salmon here—Tesar's pushing the envelope with everything from lobster pot pie and oyster and black truffle chowder to uni terrine and smoked eel "head cheese". (His signature English muffin burger from The Commissary makes an appearance, too.)
Spoon has been subject to numerous delays, most notably due to Tesar's upcoming appearance on Top Chef: Seattle, premiering November 7. The restaurant was originally supposed to go into the space next to what is now Hopdoddy Burger Bar, but the landlord pulled the plug on that deal; ever resilient, Tesar quickly found a new space just across the way.
No official opening date has been announced yet, but according to the restaurant's Twitter account, they're shooting for early November.
· Spoon Bar & Kitchen [Official]
· John Tesar's Spoon Bar and Kitchen Will Not Open in Original Space in Preston Center [SideDish]
· John Tesar to Open Spoon Bar & Kitchen in Preston Center, Take Two [SideDish]
· @SpoonBarKitchen [Twitter]
· All John Tesar coverage on Eater Dallas [-EDFW-]
· All Spoon Bar & Kitchen coverage on Eater Dallas [-EDFW-]
[Photo credit: Spoon Bar & Kitchen/Facebook]