Irving-based Hostess is liquidating due to bankruptcy, which may spell the end of Twinkies (and Ho-Hos, Snowballs, and Wonder Bread) as we know them. Perhaps another corporation will buy them out and let the sugary, cream-filled legacy live on, but in the meantime, it's good to have a contingency plan to fill that Twinkie-shaped void in our hearts.
Neighborhood Services has a rendition of the classic hockey puck-shaped chocolate cake on their dessert menu, simply named the Ding Dong; Society Bakery offers a Ding Dong cake you can order in any size starting at 9 inches (hey, this isn't the time for jokes); and Sprinkles in Preston Center has a marshmallow cream-filled chocolate cupcake glazed with bittersweet ganache that tastes like a Hostess cupcake all grown up.
· Hostess Moves to Liquidate After Crippling Strike [AP]
· R.I.P. Hostess: The Irving-Based Company to Shutter Operations [City of Ate]
· Neighborhood Services [Official]
· Society Bakery [Official]
· Sprinkles Cupcakes [Official]
Know of another place serving up Hostess-inspired treats? Let your fellow Ho-Ho lovers know in the comments below.