The first restaurant at the up-and-coming Trinity Groves development is open for business. Babb Bros. BBQ & Blues is a casual counter-service spot from a trio of brothers dedicated to down-home cooking and centered around smoked meats: St. Louis-style dry-rubbed ribs, sausage, brisket, pulled pork, meatloaf, and the appropriate sides like vinegary slaw, cheesy mashed potatoes and banana pudding. The Bros. have wisely skipped any fancified decor in favor of classic barbecue joint acoutrement like checkered picnic-style tablecloths and neon beer signs, plus picnic tables on the shaded back patio. (There will also, of course, be live blues.)
Babb Bros. joins Four Corners Brewing Co. and caterer Sharon Van Meter's event space as the first tenants to open at Trinity Groves. Hofman Hots, a hot dog joint backed by an all-star Dallas team, is expected to join them soon.
· Babb Bros BBQ & Blues [Thrillist]
· Babb to the Bone [UrbanDaddy]
· Babb Bros BBQ & Blues Opens Its Homey Doors for a Meat-Lovers Feast [CultureMap Dallas]
· Babb Brothers BBQ Opens in Trinity Groves Nov 29 [CraveDFW]
· The Eater Guide to Major Dallas Developments [-EDFW-]
· All Trinity Groves coverage on Eater Dallas [-EDFW-]