It really doesn't feel like it's been a whole year since Jay Jerrier and his crew set up shop in Deep Ellum. Since then, the buzz hasn't let up and the pizzas have been flying in and out of the oven. It all still seems so new.
But it's that sort of joint -- Jerrier puts the fresh word out and it travels. And often the word is well worth sharing. Via Tweet, post or photo. Il Cane Rosso's community presence is impressive and we're guessing said community is going to return the favor come February 13.
Rather than summarize, here's what Jerrier sent along with regard to anniversary celebrations at Cane Rosso next Monday:
- $1 Menu from 4pm - 8pm: We'll open 2 hours early and have $1 Marinaras, Margheritas, Focaccias, Lone Stars, PBRs, and Sangria. Dine in only and no substitutions. We'll have our regular menu available too!Many happy returns, pizza dudes.
- We're tapping a Firkin with our good buddies from Rahr Brewing Company - a VERY limited edition Snowmacocoageddeon. Their popular Snowmageddeon infused with cocoa?goes great with our S'mores. Fritz & Erin Rahr will be on hand for the foolishness.
- We'll have a special edition Cane Rosso Anniversary Ale brewed for us by Rahr
- We'll be officially opening our new dining room and dough room (Hid In has its last night this coming Friday)
- We'll be awarding the highly coveted, and very classy, Golden Peel to the Season 1 Grand Champion of our Celebrity Chef Nights. The winner is Top Secret, but it was a close contest - winning by only 0.5% margin. Season 2 will kick off on 3/5 - and we have some awesome chefs already lined up?including 1 major blockbuster if I can get the schedule coordinated.
- We've got a new beast in our pizza pit. Lee "Tap Out" Hunzinger has joined the team. He's been making pizzas in NY for a LONG time. Come down and he will be happy to call you "Bro" and "Cuz" and tell you things are "Mint" (e.g. "Oh Bro, that Grandma sauce is MINT!").
2/14 is Valentine's Day and we're taking reservations for any size party at 214-741-1188.
Something we'll try to forget happened during Cane Rosso's first year. [Photo: Courtesy Cane Rosso]