Here's a quick taste of a few upcoming bars and restaurants opening in the near and unfortunately not-near-enough future:
1) South Side: Soda Bar is an "ultramodern" bar that offers up "relaxing cocktails" as well as a view of the Skyline. Nestled on the rooftop of the new NYLO Dallas South Side Hotel, it will open in the middle of August.
2) McKinney Avenue: Meanwhile, Max's Wine Dive—with the slogan "Fried chicken and champagne: why the hell not?"—opens at 3600 McKinney Avenue sometime mid-September.
3) Uptown: Perhaps best described as a country bar with class, Concrete Cowboy strolls into Uptown on Labor Day weekend at the former Penguin Dueling Piano Bar spot.
· NYLO Dallas South Side Hotel [Official Site]
· Penguin Dueling Piano Bar to Become Concrete Cowboy [PegNews]
[Photo: -EDAL- | Chad Jones]