Tanoshii Ramen owners Chi and Joey Le will fill a niche in Preston Center tomorrow with the opening of their newest venture Miss Chi Vietnamese. Below, ten things you should know about Miss Chi, plus full lunch, dinner and cocktail menus:
1) All the expected Vietnamese favorites are here, including pho, spring rolls, and banh mi.
2) More unusual dishes on the menu include baby clams with rice and shrimp chips and spicy eggplant vermicelli.
3) It's not all strictly Vietnamese, either: expect crab and cream cheese wontons and pork steamed buns also.
4) A rotating selection of pastries will be made in-house.
5) Vegans will be pleased to find several animal-free options: pho, rice and vermicelli dishes, and green papaya salad with peanuts.
6) The cocktail menu was created by Jules Pagan of The Cedars Social, who also designed the drinks menu at Tanoshii Ramen.
7) The interior was designed by designers-about-town Coeval Studio, who also did Tanoshii Ramen (and Stone Cold Stunner winner Belly & Trumpet).
8) There will be bubble tea, the cult-favorite drinks with tapioca pearls that are hard to find this far south of 635, in flavors like green tea, avocado and strawberry.
9) For folks in a hurry (or just seriously lazy), there will be curbside to-go service.
10) Miss Chi will be open for lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday, closed Monday.
Aylsbury Duck Vodka, Amaro Nonino, cranberry juice, blackberries, Angostura
Fords gin, honey, lemon, mint, Bittermans celery bitters
Aylsbury Duck vodka, honey, lemon, basil, Fever Tree ginger beer
Fords gin, lime, cane syrup, seaweed, cucumber, cracked pepper, soda
Twisting To The Sun
Chai infused Brugal Extra Dry rum, lime, housemaid pineapple syrup, fresh egg, Angostura
And It's Purple...
Cabeza tequila, housemade agave, lime, blueberries, cilantro, whole egg, bitters
A Month of Sundays
Fords gin, Aperol, housemade honey syrup, grapefruit, lemon, orange bitters
Rittenhouse rye 101, Aperol, St. Germain, Champagne
Champagne, Bubble tea Caviar, chocolate tincture
· Miss Chi Vietnamese [Official]