Last month word surfaced via CultureMap Dallas that dynamic chef duo Jeana Johnson and Colleen O'Hare of Good 2 Go Taco fame planned to open an authentic Vietnamese restaurant in the old York Street space. Now, more details on the future Lakewood eatery come via a press release:
1) They'll offer lunch and dinner, featuring both street food items and "a selection of dishes prepared in chef-driven restaurants in and around Hanoi." Lunch items from a sample menu include banh mi, green papaya salad, and pho; dinner selections include five-spice chicken wings, fried frogs' legs, and entrees like chargrilled prawns, braised oxtail, or caramelized pork flanked by rice or noodles and vegetables.
2) Don't get your hopes up for local brews: In keeping with the authentic Vietnamese theme, Mot Hai Ba will feature "an all-French wine list and a beer list made up of French, Belgian, and Asian beers."
3) The restaurant will be "small and intimate", with just 30 seats in the dining room including five communal tables. The bar will have an additional six seats, while the patio will seat 20.
4) The full menu will be available for take-out (including beer and wine).
5) They'll be open for lunch and dinner Tuesday through Sunday and closed Mondays.
· More Mot Hai Ba coverage [-EDFW-]