Construction is currently underway on West Plano's super-deluxe bowling alley-slash-"entertainment complex," Pinstack, with an opening date slated for January. Located at the Dallas North Tollway and Windhaven Parkway, a sprawling 15,000 square feet — that's roughly three times the size of the Shops at Park Lane's Bowl & Barrel or Bowlounge in the Design District — will be able to hold up to a whopping 2,000 people and will encompass much more than just bowling. Per a press release, Pinstack will include all of the following:
- A full-service restaurant serving a "chef-inspired menu featuring local and regional cuisine" along with a full bar.
- "28 state-of-the-art bowling lanes offering lane-side food and beverage service"
- "A two-level laser tag arena",
- "A rock climbing wall"
- "A high-ropes course suspended 20 feet above" an arcade area that will feature "100 of the newest video games and simulator technology"
- An outdoor patio (heated for cold weather) with a 20-foot granite top bar and lots of big-screen TVs
- Plus multiple private event spaces including a "VIP bowling lounge" with private lanes.
With design provided by local guys Coeval Studio, you can bet Pinstack will be easy on the eyes, too. A second Pinstack location is slated for Fort Worth's Alliance Town Center come 2016.