The DFW craft beer boom certainly shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. The next brewery on the horizon will be the first for the residential-heavy North Dallas neighborhood of Lake Highlands: Oak Highlands Brewery will fling open the doors to its brewery and taproom facility with grand opening festivities on July 18.
OHB's year-round brew lineup includes five beers:
- Allgood: "German Kolsch style ale. Golden in color, light in body, and full in flavor."
- Derelict IPA: "American IPA style. 5 separate hop additions. Strong citrus hop aroma and flavor without an overly bitter taste."
- DfDub: "German Dunkelweizen (dark wheat) style ale. Heavy banana and clove aromas. A dark, slightly cloudy beer with a fresh crisp taste."
- Freaky Deaky: "Belgian Tripel style ale. Light in color and brewed with a larger amount of American hops than a traditional tripel." (This one clocks in at a hefty 10 percent ABV.)
- Golden Mustache: "German Dortmunder style lager. Originated in Dortmund Germany, this lager is crisp, clear, and easy drinking."