On Sunday, Dallas lost some of the finest New York-style pizza the city had ever seen. It had been a long time coming, but Zoli's NY Style Pizza closed its doors (at least for now) yesterday.
In their final week, Zoli's was positively slammed with customers. Some came to say their final goodbyes, others finally got around to trying the pizza joint that they'd been hearing everyone rave about for the past three years.
In all, Zoli's sold a pretty impressive amount of pizza last week, including 739 whole pies and 1,831 individual slices, more than five times than the week before the closure was announced.
We're devastated that Zoli's is gone, but owner Jay Jerrier has promised Dallas that it will soon "rise like a phoenix from the ashes." Until then, nurse your broken heart with some of Zoli's greatest and snarkiest signs.
- They were always willing to make fun of their big brother, Cane Rosso.
- And that time Cane Rosso got a thumbs-up from Guy Fieri.
- Sometimes, they got racy.
- The gluten-free crowd was always the butt of the joke at Zoli's.
- And they always, always had jokes.
- Sometimes, they landed a jab on the pizza chains who just couldn't compete.
- And then, they said goodbye by making fun of picky eaters.
See you on the flip side, Zoli's.