The opening of Goodfriend Package brought two desperately needed things to East Dallas: good beer, and good breakfasts. Since opening just a few weeks ago, Goodfriend Package is already turning out some of the best breakfast sandwiches in the neighborhood, most notably the Big Boy.
This sandwich, made with housemade bacon, scrapple, ham, and sausage, is much more than the sum of its parts. Eater photographer Kathy Tran captured every beautiful second of the making of the Big Boy, and it's probably going to make you drool on your keyboard.
- A house-baked ciabatta roll is readied for the griddle.
- A quick press flattens the bread out nicely so that it crisps on all edges.
- Housemade sausage, bacon, scrapple, and ham hit the griddle with a sizzle.
- Four meats, infinite deliciousness.
- A slice of white cheddar is placed atop the sandwich to melt.
- Cheesy, meaty goodness.
- Once it's perfectly melty and crisp, the sandwich is ready to come off the griddle.
- Slicing the Big Boy is not optional.
- Finally, this beautifully meaty sandwich is ready for your face.