– When he isn’t cheering on the Dallas Mavericks as they beat the Oklahoma City Thunder in the 2016 NBA Playoffs, Chandler Parsons likes to eat at Nick & Sam’s. In an interview with SportsDay, the Mavs forward listed the Uptown steakhouse as his favorite Dallas eatery. Coming in a close second are Parsons’ fave spots in town for Tex-Mex – Mi Cocina and Javier’s.
– At yesterday’s groundbreaking for The Union Dallas, a two-tower planned development in Uptown, a surprise tenant was announced. Phoenix’s Fox Restaurant Group plans to open a 10,000 square foot Dallas outpost of The Henry, described by the company as "the greatest neighborhood restaurant," in the new development.
– Blatt Beer & Table will open their doors at Preston Hollow Village on April 27. The brand new concept will celebrate its grand opening with an all-day happy hour, featuring libations and snacks as cheap as $2.
– Yesterday, the Frisco City Council voted to end the suburb's ban on dog-friendly patios. Restaurants must clearly mark dog-friendly areas, along with an inspection of the property before permission is granted.
– Miley Homes and Caroline Perini, the minds behind massively popular food truck Easy Slider, have a brand new venture on wheels. Open Road Shaved Ice is the duo’s latest mobile eatery, featuring upscale snow-cones with flavors like grapefruit and mint, strawberry-black peppercorn alongside traditional favorites like Tiger’s Blood.