– Perennial Lower Greenville favorite Truck Yard is expanding to two new locations this year. Truck Yard announced plans to expand to Fort Worth’s historic Crystal Springs Dance Hall, expected to open this fall, earlier this year. Now, owner Jason Boso will open an outpost in The Colony near the massive Grandscape development that houses Nebraska Furniture Mart.
– Also headed to The Colony is Heritage Pizza Co., a new concept from 33 Restaurant Group, the minds behind Taverna Rossa and McKinney’s Cadillac Pizza Pub. The restaurant will offer "artisan pizza, craft beer and wine in a farmhouse setting," and is expected to open by the end of 2016.
– Last month, we learned that Chef Omar Flores had signed a lease to take over the former Spork space in North Dallas. Now, SideDish reports that Flores will bring Whistle Britches, a "fried chicken sandwich spot," to the space. Expect for it to open in June.
– Some of Dallas’ best female chefs will show off their skills at CBD Provisions’ De La Terre dinner on Sunday, May 1. Chefs like Anastacia Quinones, Danyele McPherson, and Misti Norris will prepare an eight-course dinner showcasing fresh seasonal produce from local farmers. The Grape’s Brian Luscher will emcee the event, which benefits Genesis Women’s Shelter.
– Chef John Tesar is no longer the executive chef at Oak Restaurant in the Design District. Announced yesterday, Tesar's former chef de cuisine Joel Harrington has been promoted to the top gig. Harrington will also oversee the menu at Quill Lounge, the cocktail bar next door.