– Pho Bowl, Deep Ellum’s newest noodle concept, opens its doors at 11 a.m. today. A sign posted on Pho Bowl’s door at 2617 Commerce St. indicates that the restaurant will kick open the doors from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. as part of a soft opening.
– It would appear that Spring is the season for chef shuffles. After the announcement that Cody Sharp had departed Filament, GuideLive’s Leslie Brenner reports that Chef Kyle McClelland, formerly of Proof + Pantry, has left his post at Frisco’s newly-opened Vicini Italian American Kitchen, and high-tailed it back to the East Coast.
– CultureMap reports that Chef Andrew Dilda has accepted the role of executive chef at Independent Kitchen & Bar, a forthcoming “rustic European comfort food spot” from the minds behind Club Dada, City Tavern, and Off The Record in Deep Ellum. The restaurant is expected to open in Spring 2016.
– Earlier this year, Eater reported that Los Angeles’ Top Round Roast Beef would expand to Dallas in 2016, and now, it appears as if that expansion is going to be pretty massive. Yesterday, the concept announced a franchise deal with Dallas’ Michael and Jason Napolitan that would open multiple locations of the concept in Dallas-Fort Worth over the next couple of years. The first Dallas-based Top Round is expected to open in Fall 2016.
– Chef Stephan Pyles will prepare the last wine dinner at his eponymous restaurant on Tuesday, April 12. Joined by the Mozzarella Cheese Company’s Paula Lambert, the dinner will feature Italian cuisine and wines from the region. Reservations can be made by calling the restaurant.