Independent Bar + Kitchen English Breakfast
- Instead of using the traditional flat fungi, Dilda’s English breakfast features maitake, or hen of the woods mushrooms.
- Taking cues from Asian cuisine, the mushrooms are dipped in tempura batter and fried until crisp.
- House cured peppered back bacon and ham sizzle on the griddle until crisp around the edges.
- Eschewing the classic baked beans, Dilda introduces a touch of French technique with a white bean cassoulet. This rich, slow-cooked pot of goodness offers a major upgrade.
- In lieu of bland hash browns, this English breakfast includes seared tattie scones, or crisp potato cakes made with mashed potatoes, egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Rather than using the heart attack on a plate that is the average English banger, Dilda grills a Cumberland sausage made in house with just a few simple ingredients: rye bread, pork, caraway, and mustard seed.
- Two farm fresh eggs are fried or poached, depending on your preference.
- And the best is saved for last. A zesty pickled tomato is sliced, tossed on the grill, and showered with shredded Parmesan – a perfect foil for salty meats.
- Bask in its rich and meaty goodness.