Mesa Mama Cata Enchiladas
- First, fresh masa is shaped by hand into perfect tortillas to order.
- Next, the tortillas hit the grill. If they puff up, as shown above, it is said by the staff to foretell love or impending marriage.
- Then, the tortillas are dipped in a rich mole sauce made with more than 20 ingredients.
- Then, the tortillas are filled with tender chicken braised for hours in mole sauce.
- Using tongs, a cook tenderly rolls the tortillas.
- A bed of jasmine rice is topped with shredded zucchini and carrots, a decidedly fresh departure from greasy refried beans.
- The enchilada is then drenched in yet more mole sauce.
- So. Much. Mole.
- Finally, the enchiladas are crowned with micro cilantro, onions, avocado, and a healthy sprinkle of cheese.
- Behold, the Mole Mama Cata Enchiladas.