While white-hot nationally, food halls have taken a while to make their way to Dallas. Now that they’ve arrived, though, the trend has officially exploded. In addition to a massive three-story food hall planned for Plano and The Market at Dallas Farmers Market, Uptown Urban Market will officially enter the fray this summer.
According to Uptown Urban Market spokesman Mark Brezinski, he and partner Jonathan Tobolowsky are entering the final stages of construction on the food hall at Gables Villa Rosa at 2650 Cedar Springs Road, formerly home to Sfuzzi. For the concept, Brezenski and Tobolowsky paired with "six or seven strong, well-known concepts" to bring breakfast, lunch, and dinner to the swanky space.
Expect a solid lineup of stalls from some familiar faces, featuring everything from grab-and-go fare to oven-fired pizzas. No one’s signed on the dotted line just yet, but look forward to concepts from this exciting line-up of restaurateurs and chefs.
- The team behind Truth & Alibi, Punk Society, and The Tipsy Alchemist will develop two cocktail bars for the concept. Market Bar At UUM will offer craft cocktails and beer & wine by the glass, while The Foxhole will be more of a "Cheers-style" neighborhood bar.
- Fireside Pies will make use of Sfuzzi’s freestanding pizza oven to serve pies available for dine-in at the market or delivery to the surrounding community.
- Chef Gilbert Garza of North Dallas’ Suze will open The Hot Counter – THC pun intended. Garza will serve breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- La Duni’s Taco Borga will open a "mini La Duni," which will serve coffee and an assortment of their famous pastries.
- Top Chef contestant Tiffany Derry will oversee Uptown Urban Market’s grab-and-go offerings (soup, salads, sandwiches, and sushi) in addition to curating the market’s selection of sundries.
Also in the works are a juice bar concept, in addition to a potential partnership that would bring a small pet store (dogs gotta eat, too) to Uptown Urban Market. Originally expected to open in Spring 2016, Brezinski now anticipates that the food hall will open "mid to late August."
Stay tuned for more details on forthcoming vendors and a concrete opening date for this exciting new addition to Uptown.