In the aftermath of last night’s horrific shooting following a Black Lives Matter protest in Downtown Dallas in which five police officers were tragically killed, Dallas’ chefs and restaurateurs are joining forces to ensure that those working to serve and protect in Downtown Dallas have a hot meal.
This afternoon, a number of Dallas chefs and restaurants including Brian Luscher and Il Cane Rosso, Good 2 Go Taco, Unleavened Fresh Kitchen and Village Baking Co. headed to Downtown to serve police officers who are still patrolling and working at the scene.
According to the Dallas Morning News, prominent restaurant publicist Lindsey Miller is leading an effort to serve meals from area restaurants at seven Dallas Police substations at 3 p.m. shift change. Also joining the effort is Dude, Sweet Chocolate’s Katherine Clapner and Chef Sharon Van Meter, who plan to host a fundraising event (details forthcoming) on July 31.
Via a Facebook post, The Slow Bone’s Jack Perkins has encouraged local restaurants to open their doors on Sunday and donate the proceeds to charities that will support fallen officers and their families.
Below, see a list of restaurants offering free food to law enforcement officers:
- Braindead Brewing - Any Dallas police officer can head to Braindead Brewing for "free lunch, dinner, beer, whatever ya need."
- Il Cane Rosso - Any DART or Dallas Police Department officer eats free at Cane Rosso today. For civilians, if you can prove that you donated $100 or more to Dallas Assist The Officer Foundation or Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation, you'll receive a free pizza.
- Taqueria La Ventana - At Downtown & Farmers Market locations, uniformed officers can receive complimentary tacos and a drink throughout the weekend.
- Roots Juices - Uniformed DPD and DART officers are entitled to free juices at Roots Juices locations throughout the weekend.
- Luck at Trinity Groves - Free lunch & dinner for all police officers today.
- The Foundry/Chicken Scratch - Uniformed officers can receive free lunch or dinner.
- Primo's Tex Mex Grill – Free meals for all police officers throughout month of July.
- Opening Bell Coffee at South Side on Lamar – Free coffee for uniformed DPD/DART police or officers carrying an ID/badge.
- Bread Winners, Henry's Majestic, Quarter Bar – "Effective immediately and throughout the month of July ANY uniformed police officer from ANY DFW police association will dine for free in Bread Winners, Henry’s Majestic or Quarter Bar. The company will also donate a percentage of the proceeds from the entire month of July sales for all concepts to the families of the fallen officers through the Dallas Police Association. In addition, overages in food or catering will be offered to DPD substations on a daily basis throughout July."