Jumping on the North Texas food hall bandwagon, Urban8 will be the Colony’s first foray into the genre, opening Spring 2018.
Located next to Top Golf off Sam Rayburn Tollway and Blair Oaks Drive, the 8,500-square-foot complex will seat 290 guests between an indoor dining room and outdoor patio. An onsite stage promises live music, open-mic nights, and art shows throughout the week.
“Food courts are a nostalgic concept many have grown up with over the years, but there are some negative stigmas associated with them,” said Urban8 owner Stanley Rose in a statement. “While Urban8 will keep the most important food court variable alive – variety – we will also provide exceptional customer service, high caliber food and a lively atmosphere. With this concept, we are truly reinventing the local food court.”
Eight restaurants and one bar will share the space, which has promised to be a healthier take on food courts of yore. Listed here in alphabetical order, diners can look forward to fare from the following eateries:
- Beyond the Box, a local sandwich shop boasting organic ingredients.
- Burger Craft, a fast-casual eatery featuring all grass-fed beef and farm-to-table food.
- Firewheel Coffee, a coffee shop serving organic beverages and snacks.
- Monster Yogurt, a family-friendly yogurt and ice cream parlor with more than 80 premium self-serve options.
- Rustic Flats, a fast-casual Italian restaurant focused on flatbread pizzas using farm-to-table ingredients.
- STIR, serving a variety of hand-crafted cocktails, local craft beer and wine.
- Sushi Q, a traditional Japanese eatery with a focus on sushi and fresh fish dishes.
- Taco Cielo, a Tex-Mex restaurant serving classic dishes and homemade guacamole.
- Pho Corner, a casual Vietnamese eatery specializing in pho and traditional cuisine from Vietnam.
Urban8 is located at 5265 State Hwy 121. Stay tuned for an official opening date.