Just when it doesn’t seem like the offerings at the State Fair of Texas can get any more indulgent — or absurd — the annual fried food bonanza has announced even more new food options for this year’s fair.
In addition to the deep-fried Froot Loops and fish bowls full of booze, the State Fair of Texas has announced a line-up of lesser-known snacks that are brand new to this year’s fair. When the State Fair of Texas kicks off on September 29, fairgoers will be able to score snacks like jalapeno popcorn, chicken-fried bites of SPAM, and deep-fried arroz con pollo.
These inventive new snacks, which also include beer flavored with sea salt caramel and a veggie dog for the meat-averse, will be scattered at snack stands across Fair Park, which means that fried food fans may have to do a little digging to find the deep-fried, cheesecake-stuffed apple ice cream sundae.
Check out the full list of new snacks (and their locations!) below. The State Fair of Texas is just a few short days away, which means that it’s already time to start saving room for these ridiculously decadent snacks.
- Fried Mango Loco — Fruteria Cano
- Jalapeno Popcorn — Pioneer Kettle Korn
- Pineapple Float — Pineapple Man
- Chicken Fried Spam Fries — Stiffler’s Sweet Spot
- Caramel Sea Salt Beer — Stiffler’s Sweet Spot
- Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Slovacek’s Garlic Pepper Jack Sausage on a Stick — Darn Good Corn
- Crabmeat Jalapeno Poppers — Villa’s Seafood Village
- Veggie Hot Dog — Lone Star Pizza
- Spicy Garlic Fries — Stuffed Wings
- Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Mozzarella Cheese — near Old Mill Inn restaurant
- Shrimp Po’boy with Sriracha Cilantro Aioli — by Old Mill Inn restaurant
- Fried Cheesecake Stuffed Apple Sundae — Ms. Ruth’s
- Dreamy Drunken Sopapilla Cheesecake Bar — Chef Cassy’s Creations
- Crawfish Lollipop — Benavides Nachos
- Fried Arroz con Pollo — Rancho Norteno
- Oreo Beer — Barrera’s
- Tipsy Topsy Catfish on a Stick — Chef Cassy’s Creations
- Cajun Fried Devil Eggs — Larry’s Bar & Grill
- Deep Fried Root Beer Float with Dragon’s Breath — Scrumbscious Pie Company
- Beer Battered Beef Jerky — Crazy Otto’s