Next month, the wait for Legacy Hall’s extensive line-up of restaurants and booze purveyors will officially be over.
The Plano food hall is set to kick open the doors at 7800 Windrose Avenue in late October, at which point the city’s dining scene will explode with more than 30 new dining and drinking options. In addition to Chef John Tesar’s Knife Burger, Legacy Hall will be home to a brewery called Unlawful Assembly, a tiki bar called Idol Time, an outpost of FreshFin Poke Co., and Glazed Donut Works.
Chef Matt McCallister, who was originally expected to open a stall at Legacy Hall, is no longer involved with that project, but the forthcoming food hall is completely packed with local favorites and exciting newcomers. “ "It’s never been harder in the restaurant business than is today to open a brick and mortar store," co-owner Jack Gibbons told Eater last year. "The expenses are incredible, dealing with the legal process and the city is difficult. We want to give chefs and restaurateurs an opportunity to open with lower costs and to create a fast-casual concept at the best real estate in North Texas.”
Legacy Hall is set to open on Monday, October 30. Scope out a full list of the Hall’s restaurants below.
- Bar Main — cocktails
- Berrynaked — popsicles and healthy desserts
- Blist’r Naan Wraps — naan wrap sandwiches from Suze chef Gilbert Garza
- Carlton Provisions — barbecue
- Degenhardt’s Brat Haus — bratwursts from German-born sausage maker Joshua Degenhardt.
- Détour — wine and tapas
- Everett and Elaine — desserts
- FAQs — flautas and quesadillas
- Forno Nero — wood-fired pizzas
- FreshFin Poké Co. — Poke bowls
- Glazed Donut Works — doughnuts, including the famous doughnut grilled cheese sandwich
- Good View — second-floor beer hall
- Haute Sweets Patisserie — macarons and more sweet treats
- Idol Time Tiki Bar — tiki cocktails
- Juice Bar — fresh-pressed juices and smoothies
- Knife Burger — Chef John Tesar’s fast casual burger joint
- Lime & Lager — bar that will focus on beer and margaritas
- Press Waffle Co. — decadently topped Belgian waffles
- Red Stix Yakitori & Banh Mi — Chef Uno Immanivong’s new spot for quick-serve sandwiches and meat on sticks
- Roots Chicken Shak — Fried chicken
- Salt & Season Rotisserie — Fancy sandwiches
- Sea Breeze Lobsta’ and Chowda’ House — East Coast style lobster rolls and seafood dishes
- Shawarma Bar — Kuwaiti-style shawarma
- Stillhouse — a cocktail bar sponsored by Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- Tacos Patron — street tacos
- Whisk & Eggs — Crepes and French breakfast dishes from Whisk Crepe Cafe’s Julien Eelsen
- Unlawful Assembly Brewing Company — on-site brewery with tap room
UPDATE: This article has been updated to reflect the fact that Legacy Hall’s opening date has been pushed back to October 30.