After years in a scene that could only be described as sluggish, Italian cuisine is finally trending in Dallas.
The city’s latest addition to its growing Italian food scene is The Charles, a brand new Design District restaurant that comes from the mind of Chas Martin, a former Nick & Sam’s manager, according to CultureMap. J Chastain, a Stephan Pyles and Mansion Restaurant alum, will lead the kitchen, with plans to bring freshly-made pastas and wood-fired dishes to the neighborhood. While none of the major players here claim heritage from the motherland, Chastain reportedly logged four months in Italy training with a sous chef who’d spent time under the tutelage of the famous Chef Massimo Bottura.
The Charles joins a ridiculously exciting line-up of new Italian eateries in Dallas, including the recently-debuted Mille Lire at The Centrum. There’s also Fachini, a new spot from chef Julian Barsotti that’s serving 100-layer lasagna, and restaurateur Nick Badovinus’ Perfect Union Pizza Company, which recently opened its doors just steps away from Fachini at Highland Park Village. Also in the works is Macellaio, a charcuterie-focused restaurant from the minds behind Lucia that’s set to open in Oak Cliff any day now.
The Charles is now open for dinner from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Stay tuned for an opening date for Macellaio.
- New Italian restaurant The Charles is a Dallas Design District stunner [CultureMap]
- Step Inside Fachini, Dallas’ New Destination For Italian Cuisine [EDFW]
- The Owners of Lucia Are Opening a Charcuterie-Focused Restaurant [EDFW]
- Dallas’ Newest Italian Restaurant Has A Serious Culinary Pedigree [EDFW]
- Highland Park Village Getting TWO Italian Restaurants From TWO Local Powerhouses Soon [EDFW]