Sushi, sashimi, sushi rolls, and yakitori: that’s the focus for new Japanese restaurant Izakaya Roman, coming in June to Cedar Springs. Culturemap Dallas reports that the restaurant is from chef Koji Aoki, who once owned long-standing Arlington restaurant Sushi Zone.
Izakaya Roman will move into the spot that was most recently home to District 30, located at 3211 Oak Lawn Ave. Expect a bar stocked primarily with sake and Japanese beer, and the drinking food to go along with that — as in grilled meats, thanks to a yakitori bar.
Whiles skewers grilled on charcoal will be a big portion of the menu, diners at Izakaya Roman will be able to order dishes like ramen and bento boxes too.
- Japanese izakaya restaurant sticks skewers and sake in Dallas’ Cedar Springs [Culturemap Dallas]
- District 30 Brings An IPA-Focused Gastropub To Oak Lawn [EDFW]
- DFW’s 12 Best Bowls Of Ramen [EDFW]
- Where To Eat Dallas’ Best Sushi [EDFW]
- Izakaya Roman [Official Site]