Urban8, a suburban food hall that’s been in the works for nearly a year, finally debuted in the Colony this week.
The development at 5265 State Hwy 121 (next to Top Golf) announced last December that it would open in the spring of 2018. Plans were delayed for unknown reasons, but the new food hall is officially up-and-running as of this past Sunday. The 8,500-square-foot facility will seat nearly 300 guests between the indoor space and outdoor patio. It’s geared towards events with a 12-foot projection screen, and there are plans for live music and watch parties.
At Urban8 diners will find seven food stalls and a bar including:
- Beyond the Box, a local sandwich shop boasting organic ingredients.
- Burger Craft, a fast-casual eatery featuring all grass-fed beef and farm-to-table food.
- Firewheel Coffee, a coffee shop serving organic beverages and snacks.
- Monster Yogurt, a family-friendly yogurt and ice cream parlor with more than 80 premium self-serve options.
- Rustic Flats, a fast-casual Italian restaurant focused on flatbread pizzas using farm-to-table ingredients.
- STIR, serving a variety of cocktails, local craft beer, and wine (not to be confused with STIRR in Deep Ellum).
- Taco Cielo, a Tex-Mex restaurant serving classic dishes and homemade guacamole.
- Pho Corner, a casual Vietnamese eatery specializing in pho and traditional cuisine from Vietnam.
Urban8 joins a growing landscape of food halls in DFW, most notably Legacy Hall, a mere 8-minute drive from this newcomer in The Colony. Whether Urban8 draw diners away from the massive Legacy West development remains to be seen.
Urban8’s hours of operation are Sunday through Thursday 7 a.m. to 12 a.m., Friday and Saturday 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.