A new spot for acai bowls and smoothies will soon debut at The Shops at Willow Bend.
Acai & Alchemy is headed to the mall’s revamped outdoor food court at 6121 W. Park Boulevard, joining John Tesar’s newly arrived Knife. Acai & Alchemy will be situated in between Terra Mediterranean and Whistle Britches and will offer a patio similar to the other eateries in the development.
According to its website, Acai & Alchemy will serve up a variety of superfood-packed smoothies and acai bowls that include ingredients like guarana, pitaya, tropical fruit, spirulina algae, kale, and spinach. Bowls can be topped with a variety of fruit and organic ingredients including granola, raw honey, bee pollen, cacao nibs, chia seeds, and nut butter.
According to Acai & Alchemy’s Facebook page, proprietor Lisa Nguyen decided to open an acai bowl spot in DFW after being exposed to the dish in Hawaii. “I felt amazing after eating a bowl and that’s where my obsession started,” she writes. Nguyen says she “grew up obsessed with food,” being raised in a Vietnamese household that cooked three meals a day. As an adult she became concerned with nutrition and responsible food sourcing including how and where ingredients are grown.
Eater has reached out to Acai & Alchemy for more information on when it plans to debut. Stay tuned for that info.
- John Tesar’s Knife Steakhouse Finally Opens in Plano [EDFW]
- John Tesar’s Steakhouse Knife Announces Plano Opening [EDFW]
- John Tesar Pays Tribute to Anthony Bourdain at New Plano Steakhouse [EDFW]
- Whistle Britches’ New Location Brings Buttery Biscuits to Plano [EDFW]
- Mediterranean Cuisine Arrives at Plano’s District at Willow Bend [EDFW]