While sheltering in place, Dallasites are cooking more than ever, and everybody could use a break from doing the dishes. That’s especially true in the morning, when the stress from working at home and trying to stay sane right now really seems to pile up.
As such, it’s time to treat yourself to a breakfast that doesn’t involve cracking a single egg at home. Hit up one of these Dallas favorites for breakfast tacos, doughnuts, and so much more, all delivered straight to your door or offered via curbside pick-up.
- Toasted: Offering their entire menu for walk-up or drive-thru out front, as well as a pop-up smoothie bar called Smoothie Run that can be delivered right to your door via smoothie.run.
- Cita’s Salsa: This under-the-radar shop in East Dallas offers breakfast tacos, muffins, coffees and juices for curbside or takeout. Call 972-467-4778 to order.
- Signature Baking Co.: Offering sliced breads, muffins, danishes and croissants available via no-contact delivery — even subscription-based delivery — across DFW, or get yours as part of your Fresh Point box at one of their pickup spots.
- Foxtrot: Offering coffee (beans, freshly ground our by the growler), chicken & waffles kits, breakfast tacos and more for takeout or delivery on McKinney Avenue or in Snider Plaza.
- Bisous Bisous Patisserie: The Uptown bakery offers a variety of fresh pastries, frozen croissants for use on an as-needed bases, and coffee to-go. One (healthy) customer at a time is allowed in their small storefront in the West Village.
- Tacodeli: Offering a limited “throwback” menu of breakfast tacos currently, including The Otto; Sirloin, Egg and Cheese; Migas Taco, Jess Special, Freakin’ Vegan, Bean & Cheese Taco, and Migas Royale Plate via curbside pickup and delivery with a $5 fee.
- Whisk Crêpes Café: Open at 8:30 a.m. on weekends and 10:30 a.m. weekdays for crêpe pickup or provisions & essentials bundles that include things like eggs, butter, Nutella, cream, batter and mimosa ingredients.
- Whistle Britches: Offering delivery of chicken, biscuits and more for brunch. courtesy of staff-powered delivery efforts. Order at whistlebritcheschicken.com.
- Detour Doughnuts: The Frisco shop is offering contactless curbside pickup for preorders only, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Order online.
- La Casita Bakeshop (Saturdays only): Offering contactless outdoor pickup of their berries and cream bostock, elite tarts, cruffins and more via preorder only. Preordering starts each Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. and ends at noon on Friday.
- Laila Bakery Cafe: Offering pastries as well as kolaches and quiches in meat and vegetarian versions for pick up or delivery, every day between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- La Reunion: Offering drive up or walk-in service between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. including free coffee for medical professionals and furloughed service industry employees.
- Brown Bag Provisions (feat. Bresnan Bread & Pastry): Offering a full breakfast menu, their own house-made yogurt, and lots of bacon plus baked goods from partner Bresnan Bread & Pastry for takeout or curbside pickup.
- Commissary: Offering bagels, pastries, breakfast tacos and more via takeout, curbside and delivery (free within an 8-mile radius with $35 minimum orders) starting at 8:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Village Bakery on Greenville Ave: The bakery’s Boulangerie location is open from 8-5 for to-go and call-ahead orders.
- El Taxqueno Taqueria in Oak Cliff open at 7:00 a.m. every day but Sunday, when you’ll have to wait until 11:00 a.m. for your breakfast tacos.
- The Market Local Comfort Cafe: Offering bagels, pastries, smoothie bowls and market burritos for curbside takeout or free delivery all over DFW.
- Hero: Offering brunch for $12 and under plus mimosas, mules and bloody Mary’s priced for one or several, available for pickup off Nowitzki Way in Victory Park.