Even though most of us will be staying at home for Cinco de Mayo, there’s no reason to skip the holiday that honors the Mexican army’s victory at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.
Bars across DFW are still shuttered and local restaurants are opening at limited capacity, but there’s still some debate as to whether or not dining in a restaurant is actually a good right now. Fortunately, Cinco de Mayo revelers can still celebrate the holiday within the comforts of their own home with margarita kits, smoky brisket nachos, and more excellent at-home options from these Dallas restaurants.
Scope out the list here:
- Double Wide — Slinging tequila and beer along with chips, queso, and salsa from Dallas’s own Casa Masa until 5 p.m. via its Git’N’Go pop-up.
- Mexican Sugar — Serving DIY margarita and taco kits, along with sides and sweets like elotes and churros, through Tuesday, May 5. Pre-made frozen margarita pouches and six-packs of Modelo are also an option.
- Legacy Hall — Order margarita kits and the massive fiesta meal kit, a pre-cooked option that includes queso and tortilla chips, smoked brisket and chicken, and tortillas and feeds four people.
- Mesero — Offering margarita kits for four and its full menu for curbside pickup and delivery.
- Miriam Cocina Latina — Celebrate Cinco with tacos, margaritas, and more excellent cocktail options (including Miriam’s mimosas and Palomas), all available for pickup and delivery via DoorDash or UberEats.