Now that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has approved the sale of mixed drinks to go in Texas, summer in quarantine is officially looking a little bit less bleak. Many of the city’s best bars and restaurants are serving up DIY cocktail kits that will almost make it feel like you’re sipping a cocktail in your favorite bar.
Scope out the list below for a neighborhood-by-neighborhood guide to the city’s best boozy cocktail kits, and don’t forget to tip generously and give the staff plenty of grace while picking up.
- Black Swan Saloon — Offering mixers in flavors like watermelon and mint, spicy pineapple, and strawberry balsamic & basil for DIY cocktails at home.
- Bullion To Go — Bullion restaurant is back in action with pre-mixed, bottled cocktails available to go for up to six in classic varieties like Old Fashioned, Cosmopolitan, Champs Elysées and gin & tonic.
- JAXON Texas Kitchen & Beer Garden — the restaurant and beer garden offers batched cocktails in 375ml bottles (equal to seven cocktails per order), in flavors such as the “Jaxon Lights Out” featuring Tito’s and hibiscus-blueberry tea. Delivering via GrubHub, Caviar, Door Dash and Alto.
- Partenope Ristorante — Offering cocktails to go, including a Napule made with imported Italian bergamot soda, a classic Negroni or TX Peach Sangria, two drinks per bottle. Order on Caviar, Uber Eats or via the Partenope website.
- Sfereco — The newest addition to The Statler is offering traditional Italian cocktails in to-go kits via sfereco.com
- Te Deseo & Happiest Hour – Offering delivery and curbside carry-out of frozé or frozen margaritas via their Harwood Cares program.
- Ese Pollo — The second of two “side hustles” that operates out of Desert Racer, Ese Pollo is offering margaritas by the gallon. Choose “FRZ” or “ROX.”
- HG Sply Co — All locations are offering beer, wine, cocktail kits, and bottles of spirits via delivery from an in-house drive team. Call 877-832-8723 to order.
Highland Park, University Park & Preston Hollow
- Jose on Lovers — Offering top shelf margarita kits via pickup or 2-mile delivery. Check out the menu at jose.mx and then call 214-891-5673 to secure your pickup or delivery time slot.
- Republic 1836 — Offering Cocktail Survival Kits starting at $28 for six cocktails, in varieties like hibiscus margarita, ranch water, Fender Bender and Old Lancaster for curbside pickup and delivery. Call 972-385-6004 or order on Republic’s own website.
- The Biscuit Bar — Use DoorDash or the Biscuit Bar’s app to order “Quarantine Cocktails” in batch sizes or single serve for delivery with your order.
- TJ’s Fish Market — The first restaurant group in DFW to begin regular COVID-19 testing their staff is offering “booze bundles” like their Red Bel Margarita kit to-go.
Lake Highlands, Lakewood & East Dallas
- Fireside Pies — Offering cocktail kits to-go, in several varieties including Moscow Mule (6-drink kit for $45), Grapefruit Rickey (6-drink kit for $45), or Fireside Sangria (3-drink kit for $25). NOTE: Through July 31, Fireside Pies is offering 25% off all curbside pickup and to-go orders at all location.
- Pie Tap — Offering their signature frosé by the gallon.
- Taco Joint — Offering frozen or rocks margaritas to-go by the half gallon for $36.50.
- Mexican Sugar — Offering a Happy Hour Margarita Pack at their new Las Colinas location, starting with curbside pickup and delivery only.
North Dallas, Plano, Allen & McKinney
- Haywire — Signature cocktail kits include 375 ml bottles of liquor and mixers.
- North Italia — Offering batched Sangria, Margarita, Mule or Aperol Spritz cocktails via DoorDash or for pickup.
- Rye McKinney — Offering meal kits and a variety of batch-style award winning cocktail kits, house-made cocktail accoutrements and even bar tools at ryemckinney.com/shop, available for takeout and delivery.
- Whiskey Cake — Offering Old Fashioned, Bloody Mary, Guava Gimlet or Tennessee Stud cocktail kits for curbside pickup or delivery.
Oak Cliff, Bishop Arts & South Dallas
- Beto & Son — Offering $35 margarita kits that include a bottle of Altos tequila, enough mixer for six, a jigger, limes and those famous juicy pearls. Get them via UberEats, Favor or order curbside pickup at 469-249-8590.
- Eno’s — The classic Bishop Arts pizza joint has been delivering wine, beer and batch margaritas via in-house delivery since 2016.
- Rodeo Goat — Offering kits featuring their signature “Moontang” cocktail, which make two 12 ounce Moontangs for $14.
- Snooze — Offering small and larger versions of their Bloody Mary and screwdriver kits for pickup or delivery between 10:15 a.m. and midnight on weekends or 7:15 a.m. to midnight on weekdays.
Uptown & Knox/Henderson
- Las Palmas — Offering frozen margaritas to go with minimum purchase of chips and salsa. Pricing is as follows: three for $20, 6 for $35.
- Manny’s Uptown Tex Mex — Offering curbside pick-up and free delivery including their ranch water kit with Dulce Vida tequila, lime and Topo Chico.
- Moxie’s — Offering margarita kits featuring Altos tequila, house-made mix, limes, cups and a jigger in a reusable insulated bag for carry-out or delivery.
- TNT / Tacos and Tequila — Offering margaritas by the quart or gallon, plus beer, wine and mimosa kits on weekends. Call 469-518-7888 to order.
- Billy Can Can — Offering cocktails by the quart — including the Sonora Showdown, the Rum Dinger, the Elder Bramble, the Three Star General, and the New Victor Tango — $48 for five, which is equal to one cocktail free if you’re doing the math.
- Hero — Offering beer, wine, cocktail kits, and bottles of spirits via delivery from an in-house drive team. Call 877-832-8723 to order.
- Mesero — Offering margarita kits that make four margaritas plus two extra shots for $50. Must purchase food, and deliveries within a 8 mile radius are complimentary.
- Sourced Craft Cocktails offers hand-crafted cocktail mixes, a jigger, liquor and cups hand-delivered by a local out-of-work bartender who is paid a fair wage.
Know of a restaurant or bar that’s offering a killer cocktail kit right now? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.