Massive Plano food hall Legacy Hall will soon look a lot different as five brand new dining destinations plan to open at the one-stop-shop eatery.
The new slew of eateries includes a pizzeria, pan-Asian eats, and a decadent ice cream shop from Whisk & Eggs operator Julien Eelsen. Scope out details on each new spot below:
- Yan Pan Asian — As its name might indicate, this pan-Asian eatery will serve a wide range of Asian dishes from chef Chin Liang, who also operates Horu Sushi Kitchen and Chef Chin’s Ramen and Hibachi at Legacy Hall. Look forward to plates like spicy Thai curry, kung pao chicken, and robata-grilled yakitori skewers.
- Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream Company — Both hard-pack and soft-serve ice cream with European sensibilities will be on the menu at this new scoop shop from Whisk Crepes Cafe owner Julien Eelsen, including ice creams that have been infused with booze. The ice cream will be transformed into milkshakes and sundaes like the Campfire S’mores, which includes the shop’s signature bourbon and vanilla soft-serve, pecan praline crumble, bourbon sauce, and cherry jam.
- The Italian Job — Currently a pasta spot at Legacy Hall, this eatery took over the space next door and added thin-crust, New York-style pizza to the menu.
- Leila Bakery — The second outpost of this popular Lake Highlands bakery has already arrived at Legacy Hall, complete with sausage, cheddar, and candied jalapeno kolaches, fluffy quiches, and sweet desserts like the Cakelette, which allows dessert fanatics to assemble their own cakes with different flavors, fillings, and toppings.
- Buttercup — While not open quite yet, expect chicken tenders that are “tossed, topped, or sauced,” then served in a cup or cone when this fried chicken finger destination debuts sometime this spring.
Since opening in 2017, there’s been a significant amount of restaurant turnover at Legacy Hall. At present, only a few of its original eateries, including celebrity chef Tiffany Derry’s Roots Chicken Shak and Press Waffle Company, remain open.