UPDATE: As of Friday, February 19, Eater will no longer be updating this list as most establishments plan to reopen on Friday. Before making the trip to one of these spots, please call in advance to ensure that it is open.
Even though the temperatures are (finally) rising in Dallas-Fort Worth, it’s still pretty treacherous out there. As such, we’ve all been stuck at home thanks to slick, snow-covered roads and rolling blackouts caused by an overburdened power grid.
Not surprisingly, most of the city’s restaurants opted to close their doors on Monday and Tuesday. Temperatures aren’t expected to get above freezing on Wednesday, which means that many establishments will likely continue to stay shuttered until it gets a little bit warmer. Still, some neighborhood spots are choosing to remain open, thanks to staffers who live nearby, in an effort to provide hot meals to folks who are without power.
Since the situation is changing constantly, it’s a good idea to call ahead to confirm these spots are still open. It also goes without saying that, if you choose to head out for food in these conditions, it’s probably best to stick to spots that are a short walk away. Oh, and make sure to tip heavily — folks might be risking their lives to get to work in these conditions, and they shouldn’t have to do it without being well-compensated for this essential work.
Scope out Eater’s list below for a guide to what’s open, what’s still closed, and when to expect your favorite eateries to reopen when Snowpocalypse 2021 settles down.
- Palmer’s Hot Chicken — Opening Thursday at noon or 1 p.m. with a limited menu until 7 p.m.
- Las Almas Rotas — Reopening Friday
- Taco y Vino — Opening Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; regular service hours resume on Saturday.
- Sandwich Hag — Expected to reopen Friday
- Maple Leaf Diner — Reopening Friday morning for regular business hours.
- Cane Rosso — Deep Ellum, White Rock, Fort Worth, and Carrollton locations open on Thursday.
- Peaberry Coffee — Open Thursday and Friday with free drop coffee from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Resident Taqueria — Open Thursday for takeout from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Table 13 — Open for lunch and dinner on Thursday.
- LDU Coffee — Open Thursday, February 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tribal All Day Cafe — Open Thursday until 7 p.m.
- Enrique Tomas — Open for dinner Thursday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., exected to be open for normal hours on Friday.
- Tasty Tails — Richardson location will be open Thursday until 7 p.m.
- Ebb & Flow — Open for regular business hours.
- The Nodding Donkey — Open Thursday with limited menu.
- Juice Bar Lakewood — Open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday; people without power are encouraged to stop in to charge their phones, fill containers with water, and warm up inside.
- Il Bracco — Open Thursday.
- One90 Smoked Meats — Open
- La Reunion — Open Thursday.
- Hutchins BBQ — The Frisco location plans to resume normal business hours on Friday.
- Lockhart Smokehouse — Opening at 1 p.m. Thursday in both Dallas and Plano.
- Stackhouse Burgers — Open as of 11 a.m.
- RM 1220 Bistro — Open 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Son of a Butcher — Reopening Thursday, February 18 at 2 p.m.
- Neighborhood Services — Reopening Thursday, February 18 at 5 p.m.
- Revolver Taco Lounge — Reopening Thursday, February 18 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- TJ’s Seafood — Both restaurants are open as of Thursday, February 18.
- Rise + Thyme — Open as of Thursday, February 18.
- Sushi Marquee — Open as of Thursday, February 18.
- Full City Rooster — Open Thursday with free coffee and charging stations.
- Whisk Crepes Cafe — Reopening Friday at 9 a.m.
- Petra and the Beast — Opened until 7 :30 p.m. Thursday and giving away hot meals for free. Here’s how to order.
- Ten50 — Open until 8 p.m. Thursday.
- Magnolias Sous Le Pont — Open until 5 p.m. Thursday with hot coffee, tea, grab and go items and free wi-fi.
- Happiest Hour — Open from 2 - 10 p.m. Thursday with free wi-fi and a fireplace.
- Shell Shack — Plano, Dallas and Mesquite locations will be open until 2 a.m. Friday morning, with all other locations closed.
- Greenville Avenue Pizza Company — Both location op-en Thursday until 6 p.m.
- Smokey John’s Bar-B-Que — Open until 4 p.m. Thursday and expected to be open normal hours — 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. — Friday and Saturday.
- Bar & Garden — Open until 5 p.m. Thursday.
What’s Still Closed:
- Homewood — Closed through Wednesday, February 24., but giving away smoked oyster and halibut chowder for free from 3-5 p.m. Friday.
- Cattleack BBQ — Closed through the week.
- Saint Rocco’s New York Italian — Closed until further notice.